Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 Days to Go - Midwife Apt Today

Explicit Content


Later today I get myself ready, and the 2 little ones' and head off to the midwives. I'm a bit nervous, but am quite hopeful too. I'll tell you why, and the is were the 'content' comes in. I have not had/allowed the midwives at this point to do a vag. exam. I'm hoping to avoid the coolness of it all together, until of course my pab. at my 6 week check up. I can't do vag. exams myself. Either my fingers are too short, or my belly is to big...I don't know. I have tried different positions ect but find it all very frustrating. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to check myself and know what my cervix is doing? To feel my baby's head moving from the inside? I can't, and it makes me a bit mad...but anyways so what do I do? I ask the dear love of my life to help me out. :) He did this during my pregnancy with Grace and Bryan, and then the midwives would confirm at my next apt what I already knew...LOL! He got quit good at it, and when I was in labor with Bryan he had checked...it was so funny to watch his face change into surprise, and after few moments he smiled, saying "The baby's head is right there, and I guess about 7 cm's." It was so wonderful finding out that news with him. The person I had made the baby with! Shortly after the midwives arrived and confirmed, what we already knew :)

So where does this lead to my hopefulness today? Last night I had him 'check'. He guessed a good 3, but had other great news. Again, it was so nice to see the smile spread across his face and a little shake of his head, "I feel the head, its right there."

I shot out with questions right away."How do you know? Are you sure? Its not a bum?"

"Noway! To hard to be a bum. I just know, that's a head," he smiled at me. "Good news hey?"

I was beaming I'm sure. All those crazy positions, and walking, seems they help? Or maybe baby had the intentions or doing it all the time, just wanted to make things exciting....LOL!

Later he said, "I'm not a midwife, or a doctor, so I could be wrong, but felt like a head to me."

He's always been right before, so I'm giving him some faith. And even if its a bum, at least this baby is not sitting transverse, so I can still push it out at home!

As I layed in bed this morning, thinking it all, I was feeling my tummy, I could feel kicks (?) on the left side, and I'm pretty sure I could follow a bum and back all the way down. :) So yes, good news for me.

I will post again after the midwives.

No comments: