Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 Days to Go - Head Down After it All

After a fitful night full of tears, and dread, and an early morning, I slumped into the car so Goran could drive me around the corner to the U/S place. My feet dragged up the steps. Each sandal slapping on the concrete stairs, sounding in my ears. It took me a few moments after the u/s tec. had begun the U/S to believe he was in the pelvis checking the size of baby's head. I was quiet.

Finally I said "Is that a head? Is the baby head down?"

'Yep, head down," as replied.

I turned my head and looked at Goran. Just looked. I felt like a deflating balloon. My heart stopped racing, I smiled, and my body relaxed. Goran knew Monday night already. He knew, and I doubted him. I believed the midwives over him. I feel bad now :( but I know he doesn't see it that way or hold it against me.

So I think the baby was transverse last week, but flipped, and that big bony bum has been in my ribs since about Sunday. And that big bony bum has fooled me, and the midwives, but the rest is what it is.

So today I will clean up the house, do my laundry, a bit of baking, relax and enjoy one more day of pregnancy - cause soon its over and I will miss the feeling of my baby in me :)

No comments: