Monday, February 13, 2012

Growth, a Birthday, and Monday Check In

We won a big battle last week. My husband and I. We battle against each other, with each other, for each other, and finally when we came together, spoke words from the heart and the tears poured down our faces, and we won the battle together. The path was clear. It was hard to get there. But on the other side the sun shone waiting for us, people there encouraging us, and we rose hands together, stronger then before.

The battle we fought is not the important part. The important part is that once we came together to fight it, we won it.

And we grew. In ourselves as people, and together as a couple.


O My Luv.

happy birthday Hunny

He had a birthday this weekend. I hope it was memorable for him. I hope he felt special. I hope he knows how much he is luved. By me and each one of our children. I don't know if he realizes, but our world revolves around his comings and goings from our home. He is just simply part of what makes this family what it is.

Growth - as I come out of this illness, cold induced fog, it seems to me they have all grown a ton over the past 2 weeks.

Taking the leader the roll to read a story.


Finding the quiet time she needs to do something she luvs.


A hair cut making him seem so grown up.

he says to me, "Mom I looked in the mirror and I look different"
Oh and this weest one of mine, pointing and answering with her humming, and sighn, and "uh hu" so we know what she means.

o the big girl shoes


My check in today was good. I worked out well last week despite the cold and illness dragging me down. Maybe not as much as I had set out too, but I can feel my body strengthening, and my endurance building. Every day but Saturday, so really I did great working it in to my daily life as mom, and teacher and wife. I ate well sticking to points 'mostly' with the exception of Goran's birthday party Saturday night. I'm upping veggies and continuing homemade baked goods instead of packaged. I made a great granola bar last week!
So I was down (drum roll) 2lb today!! I was happy to see a change in the scale after 2 weeks of a small up and then a small down. Although I was very determined I admit I was a bit discouraged at the slow weight loss over those 2 weeks. But I also know that weight loss tents to work in a cycle, and for most women, in a monthly cycle. So I'm guessing that I will likely continue this process of losing for 2 weeks and maintaining for 2 weeks.  I've been at this for 6 weeks, and down a total of 7.6lb. Which is just over 1lb a week, which is the recommended weight loss to maintain long term weight loss. I'm good with that. I just need to remember that the 2 slow weeks when I want to eat a batch of cookies and a bag of potato chips ;)

I will do this. One pound at a time.

No pic of me this week, but next week I will make sure!!

Hope you weekend was wonderful, and your week is better!

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

"...and we rose hands together, stronger then before." Love that. So true, and so beautiful.

And that picture of Klara's feet from behind? I melted :)