Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!!

I home school for lots of reasons! I enjoy ALL the perks of it. No lunches to pack, teacher meet and greets, no pizza days lunch money to dig in the bottom of me purse for, and cold late afternoons pick ups to rush out the door for, freezing, standing with a bunch of other parents trying to make small talk with. Nope, not me!! These are the perks.

Except when I want to. There is this one little girl, that me and me wee ones luv. We are happy to rush out the door, drive an hour, and rush around the corner, through the cat walk, and across the school yard for. Someone my kids wait eagerly at the door to see. Someone they greet with smiles and hugs.

rushing
freezing


O the joy! It makes me smile, and so happy to choose to stand out there with frozen fingers and wet socks. The joy and the smiles make it so so so worth it!

And they play. I listened to made-up of games of Harry Potter, Hermonie, and Jack and Annie mixed together.



And my weeist one and I sit close by, snacking on those chips, and she is going to get the very last one!

big bag, small girl, i luv u so!
And my best friend comes home, and we talk, and throw our heads back and laugh. The topic gets serious, and our voices becoming urgent and strong. Its so important make the other see the point we have to explain.

Salmon, rice,  carrots, coconut pie, strawberries and the many children disappear off the table as the sky gets dark, and stars twinkle and its time for us to go home.

Thank you my friend! For the chance to pick up your precious daughter. For the chance to have supper with you. For chance to listen to the new words your sweet boy says. ( I heard them!) For the chance for all our 6  kids play together. For the chance to talk, to share, to listen, to clean up, and leave a wee bit to late! Have a great night, and yes, thank you for a wonderful Leap Year Day!


What did u do with your extra day?

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

I'm tearing up over here! Thank you, dear friend, for your words of love and support. What a beautiful gift we have in each other, and every time I see our kids playing and laughing together, it melts my heart. And when they all exchange hugs at the end of a visit, even the littlest ones? Swoon. <3