Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And They Craft

Its a favorite winter past time. Glue, markers, crayons, fun foam, tissue paper, scissors...the list goes on and on. The sit for hours, filling coloring books, making cards, and drawing pictures.

Sometimes for themselves, for each other, for extended family, and for friends. We go threw paper faster then food!

I watch and listen. They share, and help, and co-operate together.

"Can you please pass the glue?"

"Can I have the scissors when you are done?"

"Like this Klara, watch me."

"I can help you, Bryan."


Accepting. Right now, today, in this moment, the simpleness of what they have together. The friendships and bonds that will last a life time. The memories of time around the table.

I am reminding myself that this is what is important.


Accepting that right now is all we have, and right now they are great children. They make me smile, and make me proud. They make me question, make me cry, make me try harder and make me do better.

Craft away my wee ones. Help, and teach, and work together, to remind me that where we are is a good place. And the accepting that is the best I can do for us.


Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

"Where we are is a good place". I like that. Simple and true!