Monday, February 27, 2012

One Day at a Time

That's how it goes around here. Slow and steady. Moving through the day, turning to weeks, living, watching as they grow, right before my eyes.


Some times things break up those days. Walks, visits with friends or a trip to the library.

Some times things break up those weeks. Mini vacations, weekly ballet lessons, a trip to Nana and Paka's or a day spent with a friend.

Today was one of those days spent with a friend. Not just any friend. A friend, that time and misunderstandings had drifted apart. It was a day filled with a wee bit of excitement the minute I woke up. Knowing that soon the misunderstandings and time would wash away under the bridge and we would be end to end on the couch, talking and chatting, tea in hand.  I packed up all the kids, clean face's, home made pizza to go, and a small gift to give. (You never show up empty handed you know!)


Butterflies twirled in my tummy as I buckled up my seat belt and started the van.

It had been a year since we were last there.

"Is this her house?" Grace asked as I pulled in.

Really? In a year she forgot?

Hugs and smiles at the door. Oh, it was good! She understood that kids needed to settle in, and needed me close. We chatted near by and once they were settled made tea, and heated pizza's and chatted some more.

We shared light thoughts and grew more and more comfortable as the sun moved threw the house. Subjects  got deeper, and the bond grew stronger.

Plans for a visit soon were made and me and wee ones headed home. A smile on my face knowing the bridge of friendship never really went away. We just needed to get the water flowing again.

Once we got home is was quiet simple time together. Everyone unwinding, relaxing, and settling in.

O we figured out the problem, timing is perfect now, and E-I-E-I-O is played often throughout the day...
she's got a cold, and a thing for Kleenex's...
after a quick walk in the O so  cold - a cup of cocoa!
Now my wee ones are tucking in bed. The house is quiet, and I feel it washing over me. "It" you ask? Exhaustion of anticipation for this day, and satisfaction - no, elation, knowing that friendship is there.

So I join my wee ones in going to bed, happily looking forward to quietness tomorrow.

One last picture to share....I'm not sure how it fits in, I was trying to think of some clever thing about fingers prints of friendship never leaver the heart or something...but my brain is tired, and I just want to share :)


I need to clean my window, but hate wiping those wee prints away. I know the day will come where there will be no more prints....as one day at a time they are growing up.

No comments: