Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Days Like These

O I luv days like this. Everyone gets time to do their things, we get things done, and I get a few other things knocked off the list. I get to talk with them, hear there thoughts, and take it all at the pace that works. That might be a fast one for kids with lots of energy, or a slower one for small ones. Depends on who and when.

It been a day of this.

i luv to listen to my self taught reader reading to her brother


And this.




I watch her tiny fingers grasp the crayon and color vivaciously. 

Smiling so proud. "Mama?" she questions, looking up at my face. My heart melts.

I have been settled, moving slow, enjoying the time. No rushing, or shushing. Letting the baby fall asleep at the breast and slipping her into bed for an early nap. A mix matched lunch, sitting at the new counter with them all, listening to the sillies, and giggles.

As they scooted off to play, I got a few minutes to do a few of my things!! I got to organize some of my kitchen cupboards. I have 5 bins of stuff to be replaced in the kitchen. I'm honestly dreading it, but looking forward to it at the same time. Maybe Friday......

I also got to this ever messy school book cupboard.


Such a feeling of satisfaction every time I clean it up.


Lets see how long it lasts!!

No comments: