Monday, February 27, 2012

Stupid Scale

AHHHHHH!!! I just need to vent for a minute, and then I will be done, and should be done for the day, and will blog a nice post later.

So people, lots of people tell me things like, "Wow, all that exercise, you shouldn't need to worry to much about points/food/calories!"

HA!

I luv food. I eat food when I'm stressed/happy/sad/angry_________(insert emotion here). Chocolate being my choice, but when I'm stressed anything will do (accept healthy stuff).

So that being said, last week I was up .8lb, and this week I was down .2lb. Running twice, and the exercise, I was mad. Mad at the scale, mad at me, mad at everyone. Just mad. I still am.

Weighing in once a week? I tried not to, but it was too hard last week. And the weigh in everyday keeps me accountable. So that didn't work last week.

*sigh*

I'm so mad I skipped my workout this morning. :( I know that wont help, but I have lots to do....not a great way to start the week, I know.

But my angry has got me reconfirming the things I know. Its got me recommitting and making a game plan in my head. Continue the exercise, and count count count.

It works well when I have the time in the morning to plan my meals in advance for the day. I'm committing to do that everyday.

I am down 7lb in total since, January 2. I'm down 1.8lb since January 30. Its something. Slow steps, enough to get me mad and pick things up? I hope so!!

I'm really hoping this looks different in a month!
I will blog again later today. I have somethings (not about weight) I need to record!

What are you reconfirming/recommitting to today??

2 comments:

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

Have you thought about starting your day with weight training or interval training? Both will keep your metabolism higher throughout the day than just simple cardio will! And you are looking great!

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Oh. I just want to jump in and second the "stupid scale". Keep plugging away my friend! Yesterday we read the story of the tortoise and the hare. A children's story yet an important reminder.