Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Monday

O, the sun shines, the kitchen is well on its way, we are all healthy (do sniffles count?) and a great visit is planned for today. Its beautiful and wonderful. The raw, pureness of joy. Its here. My soul sings, the kids smile and laugh. 

As the morning tics on and I have only a few minutes here and there to quickly jot down my thoughts.

Last week was long as Klara continued to struggle with aftermath effects of the flu. Although the kids and I recovered in a day, Goran was the last to get it, and it took him longer to recover. Because Klara's small body is having such a hard time we got some milk from a friend, and I started fenugreek to build my own supply again. We were definitely on the way to weening, but being up during the night crying, and the low pees, I knew she needed me to do something. She in on the mend again, playing, peeing and sleeping mostly threw the night again. The healing power of mothers milk!

The weekend was a whirlwind! The kitchen made great progress as my mom and dad came for the day.



While the men worked, my mom and a I entertained the kids. A trip to the mall, a walk in the fantastic weather , and a snuggle up with popcorn and a movie to end the afternoon.


Sunday was more quiet, but Goran continued with the kitchen, and the kids and I took advantage of the weather again with long trips/walks outside in the sunshine.


green grass in February




The day has passed, and the the sun has dipped away. Street lights lightemed my way home, with 2 sleeping quietly, and 2 anticipating getting home, where Daddy and warm beds waits.

We went off to visit one of my besties today. Helping. Watching children, wiping tears, giving hugs, sharing my thoughts, listening, drying dishes, and rounding up kids for one last hug. I luv it. I luv the smiles, the giving, and easy sharing. I believe relationships is one of the most meaningful things in this life. Today rang true to that.

Mondays Check In

 I feel great! I put on a pair of pants, and wore them with easy. Jeans I couldn't wear a month ago. My weight went done .4lb. I was hoping for more, but am expecting things to go quickly in the next week or 2 as I continue to work out, and choose healthy things to eat. The working out feels great. Adding an afternoon once or twice a week is great too! The walking with the kids over the weekend felt amazing too! My energy is up and my body feels stronger and more limber then it has in years.

I was going to say 
'self portrait taken with iphone '
but that is quit obvious!

Happy Monday! Hope your day has been fantastic! Stay tuned for the next post in the next few days!

3 comments:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

I can't believe how different your kitchen looks! It's so amazing to see your dream come to reality - and to think it was just a sketch on a piece of paper for so long.... :)

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

Your kitchen looks amazing:) Can't wait to see it in person...and I am loving those moments of putting on pants that haven't fit in almost two years:) Its great!

Kathryn said...

Kristyn, that sketch is still on the wall. its been taken down a few times for painting, and moved from one wall to another...but its still there....