Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life is Good

Thats all there is to it. Life is good. The kids are happy, Goran and I are happy, life is good. And I hope you don't mind, a week full of stories to share.

Goran's taken the last two weekends off!! Its been so so nice having him home, to spend time with, and do things together. Like last week he had this great idea, to get up and go garage saling together. ( I have to add here, that before kids were part of our family I wanted to go, and he was very upset not wanting to "buy other peoples junk". I guess being a dad of 4 has changed his perspective a bit ;)) So up we got last Saturday, at 7:00 am and out we went, all 6 of us. We stopped and got breakfast at the golden arches, and continued on to the 1st garage sale. 1 turned into 5 or 6, but we all (yes the kids too) got something we luved. The thing I luv the most is my bench. I've been looking for a while for a 'park' bench for the front porch. The one I got is hand made from wood. Looks like old barn boards actually. And is came unpainted so I get to paint it myself. I've been thinking about it all week, and now that I've decided what colors, I'm hoping to get to it in the next few days. I will post pics once its done!

my bench oh, and the kids
 I finally 'desodded' the rest of the garden and the kids and I got the rest of it planted. Angelina was great. She was right beside me as I dug the holes. She watered the holes first, planted the veggie plant, and then watered the plant. She got good fast, and was soon instructing and helping Grace and Bryan.  So it was a 4 person, job, and I'm so happy we did it together. We refer to it as 'our' garden, and they have pride in it! Visitors come, and they take them down the 'paths' and tell them what we've planted, pointing and explaining.

Angelina helping, she wears gloves like me!

Angelina also did some cooking this week. She made mini pizza's, and mac and cheese from scratch. I underestimate what she can do! She needed some help reading the directions, and understanding the fractions for messuring, but overall, she did alot on her own, learned alot about the oven and stove, and made great mac and cheese. This is homeschooling. I luv it!


Klara use to be so easy outside. I would put out a blanket (or even my sweeter in a pinch) and she would stay. She didn't like the feeling of the grass. She got over that this week, and is now after the muddiest place she can fine. Brown dirty knees, and happy smile. It is fun to watch her explore the world with such wonder.

yuck!
Bryan rode 'Mode' around the block for the first time today. He surprised me. I didn't know he was that far along in doing it all, but he did great. He needed a few pushes on the way, but caught himself everytime before he fell, and finished the block. I am so proud of him.

We went to my mom and dads one day this week. Before we left though, we stopped and got some watermelon and tzatziki dip. As we were getting out of the van Grace and Bryan noticed a pylon beside the van, and were discussing it. What it was for, why it was there, that kind of thing. Grace pointed out to me that Angelina was bigger then the pylon, she was the same size, and Bryan was smaller. Homeschooling. I didn't do anything to teach her that, she just told me. Anyways, off we went to Nana and Paka's. Once we were there Grace proceeded to tell Paka all about the pylon and who was taller, the same size, and smaller. The kids had a great time, swimming, jumping, and running around. They have slept well this weekend. 



This weekend we spent the day with Kristyn and her littles where we saw the beauty of nature...in a cage...??




And we finish off the weekend with a new adventure. Bike riding. Well, bike riding with the trailer, and the family. I bought 2 bikes, dirt cheep from my mom and dad, and have been on a hunt for a bike trailer for the last 2 weeks. I got one yesterday, and today is our first outing. I promise to take lots of pictures, and blog about how it went. I'm looking forward to it. I saw Goran getting his bike out just a few minutes ago. 


So, life is good. 

How do you get out with your families and enjoy life?

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Celebrating the good life with you :) And I adore that picture of Klara with that huge smile as she crawls towards the camera. Could she get any sweeter?

Best way to enjoy life with my family? Sitting together on the couch, reading books. Time seems to slow down in those moments <3