Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fixed and Finished, 2 Great "F" Words I Luv

I will begin in order.

  • Fixed is my shower. Good bye bread bag that covered the soap dish hole! In its place is said soap dish from the previous post, glues on well, and has been properly caulked around to protect my tiles. 

  • The drain. I forgot to tell this funny story....So a week and half ago I threw the kids in the shower, and ran outside to see how Goran was making out with our leaky van. We watch coolant flowing out of the engine and down the drive way. We decided were it was coming from and Goran promised to take it in the next day. Suddenly "BOOM BOOM BOOM" this resounding loud noise came from the shower...inside the house. Goran looked at me, "What the heck?" "Its the kids in the shower jumping, its OK..."I have never spoken such false words before. Goran went to the down stairs bathroom sometime later and found a puddle. Again I wrote it off as "Its OK..."(again I was very wrong) Later, just before bed I discovered another puddle in the same spot.....upon further investigation we found a broken drain pipe....But 2 days later (and 6 very smelly humans)Goran bought the new piping needed, and spent several hours cutting away the old stuff and putting in the new stuff. So it was fixed, and we got clean. There is some wall damage....but all things in good time. (And he also got the van fixed! So no more coolant leaking and stinking!)


  • And finally, 'Finished'. My bench. I got it painted up yesterday, and took some pics with Grace. I noticed going through my pics, I have very few of Grace alone. She tends to be a bit camera shy or always jumping in with a crazy pose the last second, which drives me crazy. So I asked her today if I could take some pics of her on the new bench. She smiled quit shyly, and agreed, and then asked if  'Sweet Bell' could be in the picture too. (Sweet Bell is her real baby she got for her birthday. She carriers her around, changes diapers, nurses her, and co-sleeps with her. And she is 'real' Grace insists) I agreed, so following are a few pics of the bench, Grace, Sweet Bell and of course my baby.  
half primed

primed

painted bench, Grace and Sweet Bell

Grace and her baby

Add caption

Whats been fixed around your home recently?

1 comment:

Mama Mama Quite Contrary said...

IT's so nice to have projects done- the bath and bench look great! Also, I love Grace's t-shirt!