Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Figuring Things Out

Sometimes you have to do that. I've had to do that lots in my life. My marriage when it was shiny and new and it seemed like a very bumpy ride I wasn't enjoying. My pregnancy's and births, as the first one I felt like it was a test I failed terribly, but I figured out what I needed and totally aced the other 3! My schedule has had to be revamped and rearranged, and reanalyzed with each new member that has been added to out family. So it is, sometime I need to figure things out when I find something is not working the way I think it should...

Not to go into to great a detail, but remembering this is a 'Mommy blog' (as they are called) I have to explain my absence over the past few days. I have only had a few monthly cycles since Klara's been born. (The wonders of extended breastfeeding!) But every one I've had, has knocked me off my ______(fill it in with the word you think best fits ;) I usually hit some all time emotional low in which I am crying, beside myself and everything is terrible no matter what.  That is followed with extreme exhaustion, which has me falling asleep all over the house. Napping, bed by 9pm, and sleeping as long as little one will allow. Usually somewhere in there Aunt Flow makes the grand entrance bring cramping and pain and such. Usually by day 3 I am feeling better, but Aunt Flow sticks around for 5 or 6 day...*sigh*

So last month I was thinking this was rather awful, but maybe my body was still figuring things out since I had only had few cycles since Klara's birth. Well this month the whole show started and I decided I needed to figure things out. I became a vegetarian 3 years ago, and wondering if my iron stores are low. As day 3 hits this month, and I am starting to feel better and my head is starting to clear from the fog or exhaustion,  I'm heading off to the natural health food store this week to see what they suggest, and if they have some guidance. I'm hoping that finding out what I'm missing will help the food cravings as well. As this whole weight thing has totally hit bottom again with the lows and highs of Aunt Flows visit. Its not even like cravings, its unstoppable...and someone standing in my way doesn't stand a chance. And, my husband and kids deserve a wife and mommy who's a wee bit more emotionally sound then I tend to get around that time.

So the last few days weren't terrible, but it seemed at the time to me that it was. Some thoughts, news, and pics to share.

Klara is working hard to go down the stairs. I have yet to get a picture, but she sits at the top and calls (aka-screams at) to me, and then I show her 'turning around' and then down she goes, slithering like a snake, making sure her head and belly touch each step on the way down.

We have a pool!! A 36inch deep, 12 feet across, pool, for free!!! I've been wanting one, Goran has been fighting it, so I have been putting off buying one. But the other day a friend puts up on facebook that she has a friend GIVING one away. Jumped on that. She was the sweetest woman I ever met. She dropped it off and it had everything! Pump, filter, cover, ladder, ect, even brought goggles and things her kids had used. Hoping to set it up in the next few days, and get some great pics of the kids swimming. My mom has even offered me a good sand filter, and bigger pump, so it will be easier to maintain. Thanx Mom!!

We celebrated Goran's Mom's birthday! She came and spent the night, and she had a big meal, celebrated with family, and had cake. Yum.



She is going to Serbia on Friday for a 5 week vacation. She's going to miss us she said, but I'm sure once she is there, she's going to have a great time with her sisters and brother, and nieces and nephews and cousins.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Angelina pulled out (or Daddy did...) her first TOP tooth. Because of this, the her Baka gave her $5.00 and her uncle gave her $5.00. She finally had enough money for the baby she's been saving for. So the next morning, off we walked to Zellers, and bought her and brought her home. So Angelina has Isabel, and Grace has Sweet Bell.

see the missing tooth?


And just because her Robeez clad feet are cute,

PhotobucketPhotobucket


 Happy Wednesday!! Hope ur day is rock'n! 

What are you figuring out lately?

No comments: