Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

So much to be thankful for this week. Goran has had the week off. I was worried. I didn't know how it would go. But, its gone so so well. We have gone on day trips, and stayed home. We have worked together to make outings fun, and children co-operate and gotten work around the house done.

Goran is outside cooking up burgers for supper. I can here the kids in the back yard calling to each other, and Angelina talking to her Tutu. I am nursing the baby to sleep, and reflecting on the good. The good that we have, that we have made, and that we are. We're not perfect, but we are us, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Its easy to think of and write a list a mile long today. But for the sake of time, and being together, I'm keeping it short and simple.

We went to the zoo with friends today. It was a great trip. There was lots to see, animals to pet, a show to watch, and  feathers to buy.....But it wasn't the zoo that made the day. It was the kids happiness, watching new friendships evolve, being supported by my husband in so so so many ways, and reconnecting and confirming existing friendships. It was packing lunch, (sandwiches, water, cookies, oh! something healthy...carrots and cucumber...) filling the cooler, and making sure I had diapers and the beloved camera. Eating that lunch under the shade of a tree with those friends, sharing and laughing and helping one another pour drinks, pass the carrots, and sharing homemade cookies.  Driving home at the end of the day, listening to the kids laugh about the bird that said hello, and the goats that ate the paper bag. That is what its all about.

And now, without further ado: 

I'm thankful for

1. him. All he is in my life, all he brings, and all we have together.

2. a trip to the zoo that has allowed new friendship to be planted, and other friendships to bloom....
when we've been together in the past, they are like 2 ships passing through. today it just clicked.

2 amazing women in my life and a photo capturing a moment in time I will cherish forever (thanx Goran)
amazing crew!!

3. for quiet afternoons to get the creative juices flowing.
   
a sunbonnet in the making






As I sit down to finish this post, supper has been eaten, kids have rode around the block with momma, been tucked into bed, and hubby has cleaned up the dishes. The house is quiet, and breaths of sleep.

One more thing to be thankful for.

What are you thankful for this week?

3 comments:

Cathy S said...

Thank you Kathryn for sharing today with three of my babies and I. We had such a wonderful time and yes, I think there is a new friendship blooming! This was by far the best zoo trip I've had yet :) And you write about it so well... :)

sarah said...

my thankfulness: for a skype date with my best friend and father of my children, my dog waking me at 1230am to go to the washroom, my children up throughout the night. Not the lack of sleep, but them needing me. Me contributing to lives. Pretty big thanks for that.
Thanks for sharing

Kathryn said...

Sarah, I luv ur perspective of it!!! If more people thought like you this world would be a better place! Thanx for sharing ur thoughts, and I agree, great things to be thankful for!!