Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

So much to be thankful for. Life is a blessing. In our family each person is a blessing, a wonderful addition that we celebrate.

We've tried hard to get into routine this week. Although my small tired son refused to nap, he is quiet in his room for an hour allowing momma some quiet time to purge a closet, blog a post, do the dishes, or catch a cat nap if I need. The baby has fallen into a better sleeping pattern as well, so we keep working towards it. Small steps.

The weather is changing. It is cooler in the evenings and morning. Sometimes causing me to slip on a pair of socks, or grab a sweater. I'm sorry to see summer coming to a close. The long days are getting shorter, and talk of kids going back to school is everywhere. Swimming season is coming to a close, as the pool is cooler, and they are only in it for short bursts. My thoughts have turned to changing leaves and orange pumpkins. Big red apples hanging off the tree...and apple sauce simmering in the crock pot. Kids playing in the straw at the pumpkin patch dressed in warm fall sweaters, with bits of straw stuck in their hair.

But thankful for remnants of summer to enjoy today.

1. Picnic and a splash as the park with my local Le Leche League group

 
happy for momma's talking and connecting(grace is the little momma:)
baby hands, and sweet homemade hats!
 



grace luvs her

2. a quiet morning cuddle with my little man

just the 2 of u
3. and a cavity free visit for these 2. They also got a lesson on brushing their teeth and some free dental stuff. Perfect!



4. and making plans, dreaming and talking together for a kitchen make over...to be done for Christmas!!


 My list for the week. Its been good, and finding the happy in the small things is a goal I'm reaching for always. Tiny hands holding a muffin, Klara saying 'Hi', and...all the little things that make me smile.

Whats your thankful list? It would make me smile to see it!

No comments: