Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Memories, August 1, 2011

It was a busy day. Goran is off for the week so we have planned some day trips, and some days at home relaxing. But today was a busy one. We were off to local pioneer village for an ice cream festival. We rushed around like crazy to get out of the house with enough water to keep cool, replace a car seat, buckle up the kids, lock the doors and off we went. We went through the village and it was hot hot hot! (I don't know how those people did it dressed from head to toe in the costumes!) We closed the place with ice cream cones, and settled into the cool van for the ride home.

After a busy day like that kids are tired. Home, super, dishes, bath, and walk/bike ride. Whew. I make sure fans are on, and windows open. I kiss sweaty heads, and lay light sheets on their resting bodies. Eyes flutter, and chests rise and fall in rhythm. I hear little girls giggling....Peeking into darkened bedrooms I see sleeping tiny people, tuckered out, and peaceful.

Memories for the week. Our biggest I think was Grace riding her bike. Its been a big thing. Well over a month ago we took of the training wheels, and practice, practice, practice. Bribing. Yes, I promise her the playmobil pool she was eyeing, if she would just....

Saturday, she is balancing her bike, guiding with her feet.

"I think we should go and buy the pool today," says the little girl.

"All you have to do is put the feet on the peddles and go sweetie," momma says back.

"Ok, are u watching?"

And she goes. Feet on the peddles and biking down the street.

Go Babe' go!!!

My garden gave up a bit more this week :)

'the harvest' my hubby called it

And the kids on the train with Pappa today.

he wants to drive a train some day....
And after visiting the village, Angelina would now like a old fashion sun bonnet. I guess I'll be doing some sewing this week!!

No comments: