Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blessings


Oh, I have been neglectful this week. *sigh* A reason. What can I give you for a reason? I have no reason, and 100 reasons. Any worth listing, I don't think so. Its been a great week of enjoying, friends, little luvs of mine, naps, family, walks, routine, and weather. I have things on the mind...but mulling over how to share, how to write, that kind of thing. I will keep thinking, and today share the blessings I am so so thankful for.

First I will start with the sad news that just over a week ago my Uncle Andy passed away.


It was hard. Uncle Andy went in for a surgery, and was suppose to be home in just a few days. Uncle Andy was such a happy man! I will always remember that. He greeted everyone with a smile, never forgot my name (one tends to in large families...) a twinkle literally in his eye. He had curly dark hair that had greyed over time. He was fit and healthy, making time for his family, and spending time with those he loved. He was always encouraging, and happy to pass on words of wisdom, and help someone. No one thought this would happen. The family, my aunt and cousins are crushed and broken. He is the first of my dads brothers to pass away. This was a first for my dad. It was hard to see him hurting, but I was proud if him. My dad is a man of few words and doesn't share his feelings well. But he did through this. He shared his feelings, and made his needs known. He is grieving, and doing it well. My heart griefs for everyone. We gathered together, some who knew him well, some who didn't know him as well, hugged, talked, shared memories, cried and held each other. We saw  family we hadn't seen in awhile, and greeted each other like old friends catching up, with promises of more visit's and time together.
But the blessings are there. Supporting, seeing more distant family, sharing, and growing. It is there.

And the promise of more family time is there. Blessings

bee beard demonstration!  she did great, and the family spent the day together
what a brave girl I have
slung up with momma
Blessings. Time with cousins.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Blessings. Trying so hard to walk.....

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Blessings. Wrapping and decorating a gift for a friend. 


Blessings. A day a the beach with 11 kids, and 2 friends. 




she was a streaker....all afternoon!



luv the sun glittering off the water
luv the sun shining through the clouds

 The week has been full. My heart is full and thankful.

And now the night has fallen, the stars twinkle as Uncles Andy's eyes always did, it is time for me to crawl into bed and hold my baby close to me. Blessings!

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Beautiful moments. Beautiful memories. Beautiful blessings. So much to be thankful for, and so much to hold dear. There is nothing sweeter than a heart full of love and contentment.