Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful on Thursday - Its September 1st!


September comes in with a whirl of heat. One most blast of summer. Thankful. I can't believe its September and wonder where the summer has gone. But with September comes the routine of school work, work on the bathroom, and soon the kitchen with skylight and dishwasher.

Today being Thursday I have been thinking all day of my post and things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for things to come. Routine, bright colored leaves, and a trip to Great Wolf Lodge with the family. But I always think its cheating to look forward to whats not here yet. I want to be thankful for the hear and now. Things that happened yesterday and today. I've gotten on the floor to take some pics, stood on beds, and racked my brain to come up with my list. Its not that I'm not thankful, its just hard to remember for what on days like this.

I must admit I finish this hours later then I started. After dinner, kitchen is clean, a good brisk walk and 1/2 the kids are cleaned and tucked in for the night. It feels good to get things done, move my body, and watch the kids play and interact with each other.

So now my list comes easy, and each one, as my brain turns the days memories over, brings a smile to my face.

Thankful for

1. that desire to walk, now has her cruising furniture, and risking the tippy dolly stroller. And the fact the she had to put the baby in it!


2. a great find. Been thinking and looking for the girls bedroom, saw it and knew it was what I had been searching for. $2.99. OOOOOOh yay babe'!


3. a project to finish for the bathroom being refinished over the weekend. A touch of red to bring a pop! Can't wait to see it come together.



4. this thing we still have. I cherish. Over and over again.

i luv the way she signs milk,  looks at me, plays with my necklace, and always finds the one mole on my right arm..
5. quiet moments through a day like this (and new library books that allow the quiet times...)



6. a evening walk. The air fresh, but warm, a breeze blowing, kids laughing and biking and stopping before we cross the road....




I am thankful.

No comments: