Saturday, September 17, 2011

Faith

I can not begin to explain the comfort and support I have felt from my family and friends over the last 24 hours. The kind words, gestures, prayers, messages, and offers of help. I know I am not alone. I know I have friends to call on if this becomes an emergency. I know I have friends to celebrate with if all turns out well.  I know people have carried me in their thoughts today, and have prayed for me and wee babe. 

Everything has been good today, with no reoccurrences  of yesterday.

Every one deals with pain and fear differently. Me I went back to my roots in the last 24 hours.

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2 (NIV)

"I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19 (NIV) 

I have felt peace, and calmness, and reassurance. I have rested in that. I rested in the fact that I am not alone.

I am thankful. For everyone of my friends.

I have reassured the children more then once today, that things look good, and mommy feels well. I explained again, 'We don't know for sure, but it all looks OK today'.

Bryan grasps it in a small way. "I want the baby in your tummy to be a boy."

Angelina helped every way she could today...voluteering to dry the dishes, help with the babies, and carry my purse while we were out.



Grace feels it differently. She snuggles against me. "Put your arm around me and snuggle me Mommy."

I turned back to my roots again, looking for more. Seeking. Here is what I found,

“From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another” -  John 1:16

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you…” – Jeremiah 1:5

“Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward.” – Psalm 127:3

“For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb.” – Psalm 139:13

The proof of  blessing, support is here in front of me again and again. I find comfort in this. Each one of our babies, all 8 have been a blessing, even for the ones that I only carried a brief time. We rejoiced when we found out, and cried together when we lost. Every baby has brought Goran and I closer, and my friends surrounded me with love and support. I am moving forward in this right now.

And in faith today, while out with my 4 little luvs,


"But Mom," says Angelina, "we don't know if the baby is ok.."

"Everything looks good today Honey, we are hoping."

2 comments:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

"The most audacious, enlivening, freeing, joy creating, humbling, and life-transforming reality of the Christian faith is not that God will be with us, but that God is here, right now. God is here in the midst of suffering, in the midst of joy, in the midst of shortcoming, in the midst of triumph, in the midst of our greatest fulfillment, and in the midst of our brokenheartedness."

--Gregory S. Clapper

"When the World Breaks Your Heart"

********

So happy to hear that today has been better! Love always, K

Esther said...

I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end
It's not that we love God but that He loves us.
Catherine, I am praying for you. x Esther