Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Monday Memories - August 8 2011

This is a quicky.

Friday was a great day. I joined my mom and 2 nieces for a day at the beach. I regret I never brought the camera out. We spent hours on the beach, children splashing in calm water, cousins building castles together, and my momma and I wading, and talking. I wish I could develop the pictures in my mind!
Just as we were getting ready to head up, my dad and my hunny showed up! We potlucked supper. The men eating and talking around the Coleman stove, mom cutting melon in the trailer, and all  the kids took turns pushing Klara in the stroller (even Bryan). We ended the evening with a walk on a quiet beach, sun setting, children laughing, running and wading, holding up their skirts to keep them dry accept Bryan, who just  walked in :) Once we got back to camp, we sat around the a cheery fire, faces glowing. Children eating smores, cousins sharing laps and baby asleep at the breast. Finally the time came, loading kids into the van, hugs, waves, and a chorus of goodbyes followed us as we drove towards home.

The weekend was a strange one, with misunderstandings, and hard feelings, but all seemed to work out by the end.

Today everyone slipped into the routine of Daddy at work, the extra little girls coming in the door easily. It was peaceful and quiet. They played, swam, rode bikes and everyone was helpful. It was goodness.

Pics I've taken today that reminds me of good things about the weekend.

making hats for my girls - and Bryan needs to get in on the camera action!
She wanted a ruffle to be like Laura Ingalls.
Graces's was a bit different without a ruffle, and one piece sewn up and folded. Super easy, super cute!
Klara's was the same style as Graces. The more I do, the better it comes out, and the faster I get!
I picked out the heart shaped buttons just for her!
camping chairs for the big 3, with luv from Nana and Paka. (Bryan's foot....)
I'm posting this late. My mom is spending the night and we slipped out after the babies were in bed to see Harry Potter (my third time). Making these memories with my mom, being with her, I feel blessed. It was a secret that she was coming. She had promised the kids a sleepover 'sometime', and the looks on their faces when she was at the door! I had just put the baby to bed, and even she hollered at being left out.

Tomorrow Goran and I celebrate 9 years of marriage. 9 years ago I made my vows to him. Some days have been struggles, but I am so so so happy for that day and the promises we made to each other. I am truly blessed to have him as my husband.

Any memories you want to share from the weekend, or blessing in you life you are truly thankful for?

I long for my bed now and the comforts it brings. Sleeping baby breathing softly, and hubby slipping his arm around me in his sleep - blessings.

No comments: