Monday, June 6, 2011

A Confession & An Account of The Great 1st Biking Trip

I have a confession. Nothing life changing, but anyways, here goes. Yesterday I did my blog post, and after posting it, saw a picture I was unhappy with. It was a cute picture, but the camera focused on the wrong thing, and the thing I wanted in focus was blurry. It was/is a great picture, but better if it had worked the way I wanted. I told myself it didn't matter, no one would know, and everyone would think it was sweet.

End of story.

Not quite.

It bugged me. I kept going back and looking at the picture, the blog post, and reminding myself it didn't matter. "Its OK," I kept telling myself. I washed the dishes, the steaming floating up, and it was bugging me. I was bathing kids, (hollering, yelling, splashing and wet squirmy bodies everywhere) and it was bugging. I decided then, to edit it!!! 

And I did. I took that one picture out and put a substitute in. And I added one. The picture I took out was great, but not. I was sad it didn't turn out the way I wanted, but happy I changed it.

So, do you know which one? Who saw the old one, and did anyone notice the difference?

I had to confess. It seems I have regular viewers, and wanted you to know what I did, and why. Thanx (hoping) you understand.

OK, our bike trip.

I enjoyed it more then I thought. I had anticipated problems. Bryan not wanting to go in the trailer, Grace having a hard time keeping up, or Angelina wanting to go faster then us. But it was great. Goran and Angelina took the lead, and Grace and I brought up the rear. Klara and Bryan were great in the trailer, and the trailer was fairly easy to pull (hardly noticed it really).




The girls had their bikes ready most of the day, and kept asking Daddy if he was coming too.

Bryan got in and buckled up with out a complaint, and Klara was happy enough to be buckled up beside him.

Off we went. We went through the neighborhood, and took 'a long way' to get to the park. Goran and Angelina were way ahead at one point, and I was behind Grace encouraging her on. I was worried they had gone on and 'left' us behind, but coming around a car, there they were waiting for us!

Grace kept a great pace, and besides getting angry at me once about how I wanted her to walk her bike across the road, she did awesome. Angelina luved the independence, and got off her bike at each crossing and made sure it was safe, and double checked with me before crossing. Goran kept up with each of us in turn. He kept an eye out for all of us, and checked on the 'babies' when I asked him too.

I adjusted her helmet once we got to that park, it was sitting wonky before(see the bikes in the background - I did that on purpose:)
she totally has that thing figured out

The bike ride was my high light, but the swings with Daddy was the kids.





baby feet
So, it was great! A great way to end the weekend, and we came home and had burgers from the bbq, and squash french fires.

I luv the connecting. When we go out like that, we are talking, and communicating, and sharing. "Can you check the babies?" and watching Goran and Angelina biking together. Watching how Grace is growing and working so hard to keep up. I feel so connected to each one of them, and am reminded how lucky I am to be part of them.

I can't wait to go again.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Kathryn, I love to read your blog. Keep it up. AWESOME GIRL!!!

Love
Mom

Pic from our house is missing,lololol

Christine said...

Hi Kathryn,

I love to read your blog. keep it up. AWESOME!!! The pic from our house is missing

love
Mom