Monday, June 27, 2011

Reading

Angelina can read so so well! Goran and I both stand in awe of what she can read, how fast she can read it, and how good she sounds. Sometimes, if we are really busy we ask her to read bedtime stories. And boy, can she read. The others sit nice and quiet so they can hear her. Hanging on every word she reads, waiting for the pages to turn. I can`t keep up with her! We get wacks of books from the library, and it seems only a week and she is asking for more. I`m careful about what she reads, and I have started to look into small chapter books I use to read when I was a girl.

Last night at bedtime we asked her to read. I threw my back out during the day, and Goran wanted to run out, and I needed to limp around and pick up the house. So the  3 big ones sat on the little arm chair, Angelina reading, the rest listening. Goran and I stopped in the door way, and listened. She read so well, he actually asked me if she was really reading the words, or making up her own. I smiled. I think he was surprised that with homeschooling she can read so well.

This morning was another one of those times I had asked her to step in and help. My back is much better, but I needed to catch up on so much, and we have 2 extra today. She happy lined them up on the couch,  


and she sat, legs crossed so lady like, reading, showing pictures, and shushing when she needed too :)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

She is mine! And I am so happy she is mine! 

There is more to write, to tell, but my time in this little place on the web that is mine, is limited today. So I will say, this amazing baby is up and down the stairs, climbing off furniture, and on and off her little bike. We are on the verge of summer! The pool is up, filled and used daily.

That is all for now. I will make time tomorrow and update properly.

Tell me something one of you little ones did this week that made you proud!

No comments: