Friday, October 5, 2007

Graces Nightly Adventures

Of course, as it goes, you get over one hurdle and there is another one waiting, right? The potty stuff is done. Hurdle conquered. But now my little monkey has decided that about 1:15 am is a great time to play, and sing, and read stories. But not without several trips to the bathroom. Ok the first 2 nights I struggled through, trying to keep my cool. Yesterday I was very tired and cranky in the morning, but had a mental break though think how lucky I was to have 2 healthy, (beautiful) girls, and be pregnant again! Wow, what a miracle. So I put her to bed bit later last night thinking that might help. Nope. 1:21am I here her little feet pad across the wood floor to my room. "Oh no, not again!" I think to myself. I keep my eyes closed, hoping she thinks I'm asleep and goes back to bed. (Can she even have those complex thoughts?) " Fat chance. I tried that the last 2 nights in a row, why would it work the 3rd night?
"Ma ma!" She sputters around her soother, and hits my hand. "Pee pee," She says as she pats her bum. She's got some books in her other hand, so she has plans.
"Ok, lets go," I say, as I struggle to get up in my large aquard, 8 months pregnant way. Off the the bathroom. I figure I'm here I might as well go myself. I'm pretty sleepy, and have a hard time keeping eyes open. Ok, when we've both finished, I tuck her in to bed, and go off myself, hoping this is the end (just like the last 2 nights.) The sagga begins. For an hour and a half she sings and plays, and I think to myself, 'I'm so lucky to have children. Some people can't.' And I get up 5 -6 times, tuck her in nice, and tell her to go to sleep. The 7th time, (its now 2:51am)I think to myself (as she pads to the bathroom) 'Ahhhhh! This is nuts!!I'm so tired I can't think!'
I go to the bathroom, waddle waddle waddle.
"Grace, if you want to play, you will have to go in the crib," I tell her. "Its night time, time to be sleeping. And its not safe for you to be wondering around playing in the dark."
In she goes, with her pillow, and blanket, and baby.
Ok, she wasn't happy, (but either was I by this time.) She cried for 30 seconds, and quiet. I woke up, unhappily this morning, with head ace. But, I luv my children, and I know I am lucky to have them, and we are going to get through this together.
My plan today, is to make sure she is tired and hope she sleeps though the night. So I had a very unhappy girl up at 6:15am this morning, and she struggled through her nap. But she made it awake. I did put up the playpen in the girls room.
I showed her the playpen, and told her "If you want to sing and play at night time you will have to play in there. Its safe in there for you." She shook her head, no. She is very tired.
Wish me luck, I will post tomorrow with how it goes!

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Lol - I feel bad that I am finding amusement from your situation, but it's great to hear that you are keeping your sense of humour :) What else can one do? Hopefully this is short-lived and you can all get back to sleeping as soundly as you can!!