Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Great Visit

I had a great visit today at the midwives. Sylvia said everything is running along on course, and baby is doing well. I am 33 weeks today!! I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. It has been such a busy summer, and with the late arrival of fall weather, it is surreal that impending birth is only about 7 weeks away. I see Lisa my 3rd in 2 weeks, and 2 weeks after that Sylvia comes for a home visit. I will be 37 weeks then, and after that point, anything goes! Wow, sometimes I can't believe that by Christmas time our family will be 5!

Grace came down with a nasty virus, and was running a high fever all weekend. So there was some sleep, but mostly broken into a few hours at a time. One night I was up every 4 hours giving her Tylenol, and last night she slept from midnight to about 6:30am, but when she woke she had soiled herself. YUCK! What a thing to deal with at 6:30 in the morning. So needless to say, bedsheets were washed, toddler was washed, and everyone smelled much better after that. Her fever broke, so she is feeling better, but still very tired. She actually went and crawled into bed on her own tonight. I just put her jammies on, kissed her, and let her go.

Angelina and I had 'talk' about the baby's arrival. She really isn't looking forward to it, and when I asked if she would like to go to Cheryl's when the baby 'comes out', she responded with a very definite yes. I was disappointed, but I understand that this is all very hard for her to grasp. So I, with a heavy heart, agreed she could go. But I also reminded her if she changed her mind, she could stay.

So that is really it for me. My comfort level is still good. With the ruff week and weekend past, I've been tired, but my energy is building again, and I feel ready for another 7 weeks.

Have a great week all, and I will post again soon.

No comments: