Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dropped

Yesterday I was resting on the couch, and I got up to get ready to wake the kidz up. Suddenly I had the urge to pee so bad, I almost didn't make it from the couch to the bathroom. I thought to myself, "That was strange." But continued about the afternoon.
"Oh, my goodness!"exclaimed one of my mom's who was picking up her son when she saw me. "You've dropped."
I started thinking about the when I had gotten up off the couch. Hummm.
So when Goran got home, I lifted up my shirt and asked him, "Does it look like I dropped?"
" Yes!" He exclaimed, pretty much the same way. "Big time!"
And honestly, I can feel it. The past week or so I have had a hard time catching my breath, and my bra has been really digging into me by the end of the day. But, I can breath better! And Baby's feet feel just a bit lower then before when he/she goes on a kicking spree. And, and I can feel extra pressure in my perineum, that is in a different place than before.
So it looks to other people like I dropped, and it feels like it to me. "Dropped" referes to the baby's head descending in to the pelvis in preparation for labor. For a first time baby it is quite normal for it to happen at this time. Usually with 2nd, 3rd, ect baby's it doesn't happen until the woman goes into labor. But, its not unheard of to happen now, and it likely means I will have lots of prodormal labor. This is a lot of start and stop labor. It means changes are happening in preparation for labor. It usually results in a shorter labor, when labor really does kick in. But in the mean time it can be very tiring, and the woman, (me) is in a constant state of alertness.
But, knowing all this will give me an advantage. I am a prepared, and ready to get my rest.
My mom predicted that I would go early. I kept saying "No." But now, I think she might be on to something. Only time will tell. And really, it doesn't mean that much, I could still hang onto well into December!!

The rest of the family is doing well. Grace is still getting up to pee at night, but goes to bed right afterwards. And I am usually up once or twice anyways, so no big deal. Angelina does as well, but she is old enough she does it all on her own. Goran is busy, as usual. He is looking for a deep freezer for me. Just a smallish apt. size one, so I can put some extra food in it, in preparation for the baby's birth. This way I won't have to do to much cooking afterwards. I could make some bread and freeze it too.....

Well, that's all for now. I will get Goran to take a few pics, and post them to see if anyone else notices the difference.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Ooo!! That's so exciting :) I can't believe that's happened already!! Can I change my guess for the baby's birthday to a few weeks earlier?