Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quiet Days - Waiting

During the fall we were busy. We had swimming and ballet and piano and gymnastics. I was a bit exhausted. Well quiet frankly by the time Christmas rolled around I was done. I think I slept most of the holidays....

So needless to say, when I was planning the January's schedule, there was a lot of limiting, discussing, informing, and  finally I did some deciding. They weren't all happy about things I decided, but I knew what I was capable off, and what I wasn't.

Grace ran through our week one day last week.

"Monday is chiro, Tuesday is a relaxing day, Wednesday is ballet and library, and Thursday and Friday are relaxing days...."

Yep, that about sums it up. But we do visits with friends in there, and have yet to have piano lesson thrown in the week (which has been hard between sickness in one house or the other.) And weekends are busy visiting Aunt Kristyn, or other family. There is never a lack of things to do, really.

So the 'relaxing' days, as Grace puts it, tend to be quiet. They are filled right now with catching up on laundry and housework, always trying to be a bit a head. Filling the freezer with our favorite healthy meals and snacks, and sometimes just reading a book or playing games. Just us together. Us together, waiting. Yes under it all, is this sense of waiting.



All the 'things' that are waiting, are a constant reminder, and the children ask often. Bryan use to ask "How many more months?" and then "How many more weeks?" and now it has come down to "How many more nights?" And although I don't have and exact date, I can give him how many nights I think it will be, right?

Along with the waiting, is the anticipation, and excitement. It feels good, to see the wee ones excited.



I think the car seat sat, for a week by the door.


Finally, on a night that wasn't to cold, I lugged it out there and undid, and re-buckled for 1/2 and hour before I was satisfied that everyone was in the right place and safely in the van. I put Bryan in the second seat with the infant seat, feeling a bit guilty honestly because is so excluded from the conversations from the girls and front, but was not prepared to listen to constant complaining and crying from anyone.

But the other night leaving Aunt Kristyn's I heard him say with pride, "I'm beside the baby!" 

As much as he downplays it all, is he excited too?

As I wait, I rub that tummy, and smile with each kick and turn and bump. I know, soon this a memory, one I miss, even though it kinda hurts, and I complain to much, and I'm anxious to meet this person.



So the socks, necklace, and diapers, given by friends with luv, wait.




I enjoy the quiet days, and the waiting. And I remind myself, soon.

No comments: