Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Beautiful Day with my Girls!

I was a bit disappointed when Goran told me he was going fishing, all day. Home all day by myself, and on top it all off, he needed the van so I couldn't take the girls out anywhere. But its turning out quite pleasant. The girls are both relaxed, and enjoying one on one mommy time. Something they don't get everyday. This is also a great opportunity to work with Grace and her potty skills...which she is doing ok with. (An accident a day's not to bad.) I have some extra time, as well, to get some organizing done, and get my work week planned out.
I was listening to the girls play. Grace was sitting on the potty and Angelina was busy leading her in song, and reading stories. As I listened I realized she was mimicking me at circle time. She was being the teacher, and Grace was her student.
"Do you want to do circle?" she asked.
"Yeah," Grace replied.
"What week is it? Do you know?" Angelina continued.
Grace answered something in toddler gibberish, I couldn't make out.
"Its Monday!" Angelina exclaimed.
"Monday!" Grace copied excitedly.
To which Angelina began singing some version of the 'There are 7 Days of the week', song.
Ok, so she doesn't quit have her weeks and days figured out, but the play was amazing to listen to. They were co operating together, and listening to each other, and waiting for their turn to talk. Angelina does understand weeks and days go together, and she is teaching Grace. And through it all she taught Grace to say a new word, "Monday".
The day is quickly coming to an end. Although the weather has been unpredictable, we did get out for a walk this morning and this evening. The wind was blowing nice warm air from the south, and the tress were swaying in the wind. It was making fall seem along way off yet. Both the girls were pretty quiet. Each busy with their own thoughts, I guess.
We are all looking forward to a fun day with Kristyn and Abby tomorrow!! I am going to buy a few maternity shirts. I was hoping to be able to get a way with extra large t-shits, but they aren't covering my baby belly anymore, and I have 3 months to go. So, it looks like I will have to hit the stores! Yeah for shopping! The girls always enjoy a day at Aunt Kristyn's. Good company, and good food!
So the day turned out to be great. In fact, I'm really glad I had this day with the girls!

Here they are, ending the day with a joyous bubble bath!!




Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.