Friday, August 3, 2007

Spoke to Soon

Well, isn't that the way it usually goes? I'll explain.

Last night Goran comes home from work at 2:00am(afternoons) gets into bed, and cuddles up. I'm pretty groggy, and mumble "I love you hunny," and begin to drift off back to sleep. Suddenly he says, "Did you feel that? The baby is kicking!" I pull myself out of slumper, and wait. Sure enough Baby gives a kick, or a punch, either way making him/herself known. All women know this is a special moment, when your spouse can actually feel the baby moving. At that moment, the baby suddenly becomes truly alive for them. I smile, "Yes," I said. "That's the baby." We cuddled for a few minutes, enjoying the moment, each of us feeling the baby move, turn, and kick. Then Goran says, "Yep, definitely kicks like a little man!"

So there you have it. Baby's movements have not been felt by just me alone. And Goran's conclusion is still the same; it must be a boy!

No comments: