Sunday, August 12, 2007

An Anniversary a Wedding, and 15 weeks left!!

On the 9th, Goran and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary! It turned out to be a very busy day, but we had planned to spend an hour or 2 over a quiet dinner together, after the kids went to bed. We did get a very nice dinner, and a wonderful chocolate dessert :) and I was pleasantly surprised with some very thoughtful gifts. We always do exchange gifts, but Goran is very good at really thinking about hobbies and interests that I have and getting me something amazing, but at the same time, something I would never have bought myself. I do home daycare, which I luv and take great pride in. I plan menus, weekly crafts, outings, and field trips with the kids. Well, Goran knows my luv for it and thoughtfully had a t-shirt made that says "Kathryn's Daycare" across the front!! I have also taken a liking to the 'Willow Tree' figures, and included in the gift was one of them. There was the traditional card, which Goran included his own romantic text in, and lots of yummy chocolate. It was a lovely evening together, in which we were able to remind each other of the vows we took, and the last 5 years we've spent together!

The 9th was followed by a wedding on the 10th! Laura is one of my oldest friends! We have known each other for 14 years +. A few years ago she told me she was seeing someone new and we had the privilege of meeting Tim last year. (Just after we had moved into our new house.) At the time, my thought was that they suited each other very well. I also got the impression that Laura was quit determined to snag this one:). Just before Christmas I got the email, announcing the pending wedding for sometime in the summer. So my mom came to watch the girls around 2:00 and off we went. It was beautiful wedding followed by a great party afterwards. We got to see some old friends we haven't seen for along time, and enjoy some really great food! My congratulations goes out to the newly weds, and I wish them luck in all that the future holds for them!


Now, like I said in the title, 15 weeks to go! I am 25 weeks, on August 14th. I'm sure that in the pictures you can definitely see that the baby is growing, and my belly is full prof of that! My back has been giving me grief, but I am stretching daily on my exercise ball, and continuing to swim. At this point with Grace I had an ultra sound which showed she was about 2.2lbs. So figuring that both my girls were about the same size, and that I likely grow babies the same way, this baby too is likely about that size, and from info online, the baby could be anywhere from 9-13 inches long. The baby is moving, and tumbling around alot now. I like to lay in bed in the morning and wait for Baby to move before I get up. Just a little "Hello, I'm still here!" I've noticed if Baby is overly active, making me a bit uncomfortable, getting up and walking around usually settles Baby down very nicely, giving me some peace again. I remember after my girls were born, walking was a favorite for both of them.

Well, I will finish with a few pictures.






Goran and I before leaving for the wedding


The happy couple exchanging vows.




Grace and Angelina helping pick tomato's!


No comments: