Monday, August 27, 2007

A Foot!!

The other night (my day with the girls) I was on the couch, and my belly was popping out here and there, as Baby was feeling rather energetic, (that's were all my energy went!) and kicking every which way. I could see one particular spot, close to the top, that baby was aggressively kicking, and seemed to be favoring. So after a few minutes of this, I decided to show Baby who's the boss. Baby kicked, and I pressed my fingers into the spot Baby kicked and said, "Hey you!" Bong! Right back into my fingers, still pressed to my belly. And I could feel Baby's foot!! I was in awe!! Each pregnancy is new. You forget about all these things until it happens again. So instead of being annoyed at my energetic child, we 'played' for a few minutes. Baby kicking, and me pressing down, feeling that wee little foot. And then suddenly Baby decided enough was enough, and limbs 'disappeared' and Baby was still. Tired I suppose and catching a cat-nap. Preparing for his/her 12:00am 'Awake time':)

The last week or so, maybe 2, I've had a hard time relaxing and falling asleep. I'm tired. Oh so tired. But I'm excited. I am actually excited about the birth. Who's all gonna make it here in time? How long will it be? Will I have all the back pain? How am I going to handle it? Will I be able to focus and stay in control? I know that last one depends alot on weather the kids will be able to manage my labor. If I'm in good control, and keep my verbal sounds to a minimum, they will view it all in a much more positive light, then if I'm screaming, and carrying on. So I really want to be able to do that, for both of them. And then the big question, what gender is Baby? Will the first outfit be the blue one, or the pink one? And I'm so excited about cuddling, and holding, and nursing my baby.

So anyways onto the apt. today. Everything is going great. I am still measuring large, in the 90%. But my babies so far have been in the 90% in their own weight so it really makes sense. And its still within normal range, just high, normal. We talked about if the midwives don't make it on time and Goran and I end up delivering on our own (which I think would be very exciting) . In that case the midwives recommend calling the paramedics, and they will assess and monitor Baby and me until the midwives get there. My concern was going to the hospital(which I really really don't want to do). The only reason they would take me in is if there was an emergency situation, such as Baby not breathing, or myself hemorrhaging. But in that kind of situation, I would be very grateful for the help:). Babys heart rate was in the 150's today. This is normal, but the girls always dropped, until about 120 or so, and I think 150 is up from last time (maybe a sign of a boy?). Baby was laying with its bum/back left of my belly button, and Lisa and I were both quit certain baby is head down. Grace didn't do this until 36+ weeks! So Yeah! Baby already knows which way is out! I had a hunch the last few days that Baby was head down, because I have had some extra pelvic presure. So it everything is going really well.

A bit about the girls. One of the other girls I care for, was away last week. This made Angelina very sad, as they are close in age and play together alot. Well this week she came back, and every day this week at circle time I ask Angelina,
"How are you today, Angelina?"
"I am very happy that Alexis is back this week!"has been her reply every day so far.
And for Gracey, the big thing is the potty training. She definitely understands the hold and release part. She can be very stubborn, and will sit for a very long time. I got her up from her nap today and tried to put her on, but she told me, "No Mommy, no."
"Ok," I said, "but no pee pee in your panties,"
And this went on all afternoon. We went to the midwives and I tried her on the toilet there before and after my apt. "No Mommy, no." This didn't surprise me to much, as she is afraid of the big toilet. "No pee pee in your panties," I told her.
"Ok," she said.
We got home at almost 6:00pm. I told her she had to go pee pee, and I had no argument from her. She went to the potty, sat down, and did she ever go!! It had been since about 1:15pm.
So she really is getting the concept, and understands alot. I'm hoping by the end of the week, we are just about done.

I am going camping with the girls and Mark, Kristyn, and Abby this weekend. We have a family re-union at Byng Park, and decided to make a weekend of it.
Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments: