Monday, February 4, 2013

Fleeting Moments

Last week I was done. Done being big, and awkward, and hurting, and tired. As the week progressed, I slowed down, rested more, stopped to just live in a moment a few more times, and it suddenly come to me, these moments are fleeting. Before I know it labor will begin, and I will say goodbye to this pregnancy, and welcome this babe into my arms, into our family, into our lives, and this part is gone forever. With this relaxation has come more slowing down, listening to my heart, and watching and feeling.

I savor those memories that I won`t be able to live over. Like, when Bryna and I read on the couch the other day and  he had on his hand on my belly and felt the baby kick. I`ll remember his smile forever. And those fleeting moments when Goran gets all sentimental, rubs my belly, talks to the baby, and kisses my belly <3>

and this. Klara giving baby a hug
The talking, and explaining and teaching. Answering the wee ones questions, knowing that living through this, they are learning more then any book can teach them.

Questions,

"Who's going to make breakfast after the baby comes?"

"Do I have to share a room with the baby if its a boy?"

"Who's going to come after the baby comes out?"

"Who's going to take us to the library?"

"How does the baby poop?"

"Does the baby eat the chocolate you're eating right now?"

"Is the baby hurting you mommy?" (this is followed after I make a grimace, and suck in my breath.)

And with all this my count down is coming to an end. I count down the loads of laundry I do between now and when babe arrives. How many more times I have to strip and wash bedding. How many more times I will lug the vacuum up and down the stairs, and pull it behind me making sure the house is tidy and ready.

I *think* I did a 'last' on Friday night. I went grocery shopping. Its hard at the end, but I enjoy the time away, by myself, picking out good things for my family to eat, for me to bake and cook. This Friday night, my friends have planned a special night just for me, and a local tattoo artist is going to come and do a henna design on my belly. So, Goran will go. I don't know if it was out while I realized, or just as I got home. It just makes me realize again, how close I am to the end of this pregnancy.

This pregnancy, this baby, that was longed for, planned for, and prayed for. Begged for! I begged God, and my body to do this. 'Just one last time, please!' I pleaded in my head. And the little line turned pink.....and in the blink of an eye I'm 9 months later.


Fleeting moments. Moments this momma is stopping to treasure, and hold close to my heart. I wonder how big my heart can get, because once this babe is here, there is new sets of memories to treasure and capture and keep in my heart.

I was given the chance of a free maternity photo shoot Saturday. It should be really amazing with the henna on my belly. Given this wee ones waits, just a bit longer ;)

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Soon, my friend, soon! Our hearts are ready to welcome this sweet babe earthside, and to celebrate his or her arrival!!