Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Birthday

When you turn the number your birthday falls on on the calender, it is your golden birthday. I was 3, so it really didn't mean much to me at the time, but say like, when your turning 7, its a big thing! And on your golden birthday you receive something golden, of course.

On January 7th I woke my new 7 year old up and begged her to climb down from the bunk bed because I just couldn't lift her. We snuggled on the couch, and waited for daddy, and then she opened her presents. Along with a new bird feeder to watch the birds, and a book, she received a golden pendent with the letter G. We explained how this was super special, because it was once daddy's and since he shares her initial, it was now hers. She beamed.

After Daddy left for work we snuggled in front of the TV with the fire blazing, and had a cup of tea.


After supper was  dessert of Tim Bit tower cake, and singing Happy Birthday.


Party with friends and family,






Happy Birthday Grace!
I can't believe how fast the years are flying by....

2 comments:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Happy birthday, Grace! So glad the photos turned out :)

Kathryn said...

my 2 favorite. Grace blowing out her candle on her papas lap, and the one you go of us in the mirror in the kitchen. <3 thanx for taking them!