Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Magic of Christmas

My heart overflows with joy, and gratitude, and luv that is in and around this home.

The story we cling to and luv this Christmas morn. acted out time and time again..


I think of Mary, Christmas eve, so many years ago rubbing her belly, and waiting, and finally knowing the time was at hand she would meet her son. I rub my belly and think about how mommas who carry their babies in their bellies are connected.



Happy children, working so hard on homemade presents so eager to please, to give, and share the joy in their heart.


 Cooking and baking and packing good things to give away...



Friends with homemade goodies, hand written cards, hugs, and continue outpouring of luv. 

I will never forget the first `Baby P` on the card.

Something old made beautiful again.


My heart is overflowing.



Breakfast - Look at that belly way back there in the mirror!!

The gifting is gifted, the children have found a peaceful place to be and play and explore new treasures. New clothes tried on; hats, mitts, sweaters and undies. Things put together, and in its new rightful spot.

Peacefulness settles in.


My heart is filled with thankfulness as I sat down at my computer this morning to look out my front window and see new unwrapped toys on the van. I rushed out, bringing them in, calling to Goran as the children came running and we set them on the couch and looked. We seemed to be a bit stunned. We just looked. The question on who crossed our lips and was passed back and forth between Goran and I over and over.

Goran smiled saying how kind and thoughtful and seemed to be at peace about never knowing who. The children decided together who would enjoy what the most, (even a gift for baby 5) and I smiled and helped unpack and untie. Happy tears pooled in my eyes at the kindness bestowed us.

Whoever you are, I hope you read this, and know the gratitude in my heart at the kindness shown my family today.

The magic of Christmas is in out hearts. What we make of the time together, for family, friends, and strangers. I am thankful to teach my children these things, and for the community all around me, and how each of those people help to teach my family too.

``But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.`` NIV 1984 Luke 2:19

Again, I feel so connected to this woman that I have never met. It feels like I do the same in treasuring these moments in my heart. I have stop and watch Klara play peak-a-boo with Baka, and watch as Grace makes a picture with her art set. Angelina brings her new scrap book to be, and I notice how she is beaming with pride. I smile and watch Bryan organize his new toy tool set.

Blessings to you on this Christmas day!


No comments: