Friday, December 7, 2012

Thougths and Feelings

The deeper posts are when you put your thoughts and feelings down. Its a bit scary. But feels good sometime to let it go. For people, to know and to understand, where you are today,

Where I am today:

Praying - with my wee ones for my dad (aka Paka to them) who's had some gallbladder problems is and now in the hospital, waiting for antibiotics to work or for surgery. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery. Waiting is hard.

Rejoicing - with a friend who's dreams of owning a home and all the things that will follow for her there, are finally falling into place. Owning a home is so exciting. A bit apprehensive of all the things that are to follow, but luving and supporting her, and praying that her family will be whole and healthy as they move forward.

Settling - into the season. Feeling a sense of peace as Christmas sweeps onto us, and the children dream and plan, and we settle into indoor playtime and routines. 

Settling - into my home. Yes, I've said that many times. As new things are done, and old things are fixed and this becomes more and more the home I dreamed it would be the 1st time I saw it, I feel more and more like this it a home I can raise my family in (and then I look at country homes on Realtor.ca...).

Luving - our new wood stove that has suddenly become the center of  our home. A room where we gather day and night, play on the floor, eat at the table and hang out together.


Living - with exciting anticipation of the babe that grows and grows inside of me. I luv all of this! Sharing with the children how the baby changes week by week, and letting the family place hands on tummy and feel this baby kicking and turning. I luv how my body is growing and changing to make room for him/her, and also preparing for when this one is earth side so I can provide soley all s/he needs. I'm so very excited planning and preparing for the birth of this baby as well. As we come up to 31 weeks, it not long before I will begin gathering supplies and tucking them away. Baby's drawers are full of neutral colored clothes, and the diapers just need a spin in the wash, and they are ready :)



Preparing - for a quick family room wall removal and master bedroom painting! 2 plans finally on the horizon after long awaited 2 years.


Its all a balance, preparing and waiting, resting and working, and sometime watching and trusting. We are in a good place now. Working together, once step at a time. The family is growing and maturing.

In all of that there is this sense of waiting. Waiting for babe and the new family it will bring. We all know it, from the biggest to the smallest. So as much as I luv where we are, and I cherish this time of growth and change, I so look forward to cold snowy days of February snuggled with babe on the couch as children play before the fire, settled. Settled in the family, and content, and peaceful

Thought and feelings. Life is good.

Blessings.



No comments: