Monday, December 17, 2012

Paka - 67

We held our breaths and waited 2 Sundays ago. My dad, underwent surgery. Underwent a surgery his brother, didn't wake up from last year. Dad was sick and clearly needed help, and the doctor reassured him and my mom he would wake in a few hours.

Yes, we waited with phones in hands, text's flying threw the atmosphere between sisters and Mom, waiting, asking, and waiting some more.

Finally the text came through, "Dad's out of surgery and in recovery. All went well."

*sigh*

Oh I wanted to gather up my things, and a few kids and head over there so bad. I almost did a few times, thinking of his face and how badly I wanted to see him. But sickness plagued out house badly. Angelina could hardly get out of bed, and my head was full of cold.


Friday dawned bringing health and smiles, and cooking and simmering, for a good meal to bring.

O it was good. To see him up and smiling, and chatting, and see the emotions in his eyes. It was there, a tiny bit of pain, but the goodness and gratitude, and the Dad I know shone threw those eyes. He spoke endearing words to my wee ones, explaining, listening, and encouraging.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD AKA PAKA!! WE LUV YOU!!   


And the end of the evening I hugged my dad. Gratitude flowing over in heart to feel his arms, and know the peace of having him home.

No comments: