Monday, January 14, 2013

Bryan and Numbers and Letters

I have to remind myself hes only 5. I have to remind myself he is not behind, but that Grace was very quick when it came to numbers and letters.

We struggle some days, at the table, and he whines about not want to do it. Sometimes I let him go figuring he is not ready, and homeschooling is a about meeting their needs. Watching and waiting for when they are ready, because when they are the results are better, quicker, and more rewarding for everyone. Sometimes I push, but that just results in a lot of frustration for everyone.

So back in December, with just Bryan and Klara one afternoon, imagine my surprise when he told me he wanted to write on the envelopes he was putting chocolates in for his sisters and dad.




Seize the day I did! And he was so proud, showing his dad as soon as he got home :)

As the new year begins, I promise myself I'll do simple things with him. Repetitive things, easy things, to get him thinking, get the mind working, but so he doesn't realize!

Simple, like calender ever day, (which he luves) and small words on the work whamer (leap frog toy).

But I remind myself to meet his need.. Figure out what he needs. Because he will do it, when hes ready.

No comments: