Monday, May 9, 2011

My New Favorite Thing and Something Very Funny

It went like this. Grace gave me lovely floating candles for Mothers Day. I brought one to share for dinner at my Mom's and left one at home. I had this idea to have a bath with floating candles. So after we got home last night, and all my sleepy sunny smelling children were tucked into bed, and I was a bit chilli from my sun burn, I thought a bath with my candle would be just the thing.

It was. I luv it. Try it. It floats, it glows, there's no chance of fire because its in water, and its lovely.

Because it was so lovely I asked my wonderful hubby to get my camera.

"Is this a good idea?" He asked me as he passed it over to me - dry hands!!

"Yep, I've done this before!" I told him proudly. (I took pics of Klara in the tub with me once....hehehe)

no flash, super still

Board or to anxious to watch, he left me to it. I snapped 1/2  a dozen pics different settings, different angels, and put it gently down outside the tub. All's good.

flash, looks like daytime, tells me this would be fantastic during the day too.
 It was getting cold so I thought I should get out.

I should stop here and tell a bit. Our bathroom is old. Lovely white tiles with a blue, light summer sky blue swirly pattern on them. The tiles were nice, beautiful even, but the wallpaper...

the bathroom before.....you get what I mean..
....and curtins, ick, had to go. The tub, toilet and sinks were blue...the floor was some wacky 70's thing....So we've done it piece by piece, got the tub painted, removed the wall paper, painted the walls door, and trim, and finally replaced the floor and toilet. The sinks are a project for another day.....

Back to the story.

I have this bathroom, and I luv it. I grab the (ugly blue) soap dish for 'some support' and *SPLAH* back in the tub with the thing in my hand. OMGoodness!!

"Oh crap!" I said, loud enough so Goran would hear, but not loud enough so I'd wake the sleeping ones.

crap?
 "What!" his voice shot up the stairs with a hint of *I'm pissed now*

I realized he thought I dropped my camera. I told him "Its not the camera, but you need to come, now..." my voice died with the sentence.

I now have have this gaping hole with a plastic bread bag taped over it, in my bath.

yes, i eat dempsters :)
 Oh well, it will be fixed.

i wonder how long it will sit on the counter???

Once its fixed, I'm buying a bunch of the floating candles and having a date with a bottle of wine and a good book!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I have one of those old bathrooms too Kathryn! One day the tiles on the ceiling of the tub surround began to fall down! (about an hour after the children were dried off and put to bed!) I also have one of those soap holders... love it for hanging things and holding things (razors and toys) I'll remember not to use it for leverage!