Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I luv my big backyard. I spend time there, gardening, hanging laundry and watching the kids. The kids luv the back yard. Swinging, digging for worms and talking with the neighbor kids through the fence. We bought this house because of the yard. It's a huge city yard, and we luv it.

But its so so different packing up the kids and heading over to Mom and Dads for the day. Their garden is 4xs as big as mine. They still have space. They have a pool, and workshop, garage, chicken coop, swing set, trampoline, walk/pathway garden with a waterfall and pond, and still have room. We camp for July 1ts their, with trailers and tents and still have room. Wide open spaces to run, play badminton or volleyball, have a campfire, and still have space.

The kids hop out of the car, run across the yard with hugs and kisses for Nana and Paka. Look for the fish and frog in the pond.

Nana and the girls

Bryan looking too

They have to see the bird's nest's they've heard so much about

eggs nest 1

baby birds nest 2

Baby bird, nest 2
There was a 3rd, and you could see it through the deck, but I couldn't take a picture because underneath was to high.

Afternoons spent chatting around the pond. Pouring out my heart to the ones I luv the most, and being a resounding block for them. Listening to their sadness, sharing in the joy. Building lasting relationships. Watching bonds grow with 2 men I never thought would be so close...

2 men I luv the most!


Baby's sleeping so relaxed, with the faith you will keep them safe....



As much as he looks up to his dad he looks up to this fellow too


And the day wouldn't be complete without a photo shoot!!

Nana and Paka with 3.....the 4th was fast asleep


my mom and me :)
It was a great mothers day for me. One of those days memories are made of!

1 comment:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Love that last one of you and your Mom - beautiful!!

Happy Mother's Day :)