Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Morning Bliss In Which I Blog About Camping

Its just me and a quiet house this morning. The houses sighs with contentment, and it is quiet enough that I can hear it.

I set my alarm this morning, so I could get up and just have some time to myself. Something that is scares, but something I crave at the same time. Peace. I didn't hesitate when the alarm went off. I turned it off, smiling at what lay before me. I'm a morning person. I like to greet the day, get things knocked off my list, and have some kind of breakfast ready and waiting for when my wee ones come wondering in to the kitchen, tossel haired, blurry eyed and  yawning a 'Good morning Mom."

But in the mean time this is my time.

I don't know where to start. The summer has been flying by and we have done so much. I promise myself every morning I will blog that night, but come time when the moon hangs high, and wee ones breath deep, I find myself craving my pillow.

Last week, no, its 2 weeks ago now, Goran began his vacation. We made it a good week with a few nights camping, and a trip to the zoo.


Goran is always busy. He works very hard to be sure the bills are paid, and house taken care off. Sometimes I feel sad that he doesn't have the time to sit and watch these wee ones of ours. Sometimes I'm sad we can't sit together and watch them.

But this week we did. 



It fills my hear to see them and watch them. Watch them interacting, and learning, and laughing, and playing. It filled my heart more to be able to do this will Goran by my side. To see him watching them. To be able to take the time to see them as they are right now. 

the belly grows....



'i'm as big as a giant!'






They luv this Pappa of theirs. He is perfect with no flaws in their eyes. His eyes twinkle at their jokes, and arms open wide to gather them all around him, on his lap.  

It was good to sit back and watch. Watch the luv between them. The luv that fills our hearts and keeps us strong as a family.



It was good. To be away, to be together, and watch.

As sunlight pours through my home, and the hands click on the clock, no breakfast awaits these wee ones that come to me rubbing their eyes with lopsided smiles. I am thankful for a very able bodied daughter that is happy to help make some toast.

Keep posted in the coming days! I feel a blogging streak!

No comments: