Monday, August 13, 2012

Preparing With Grace

Grace is my little momma. She luves to hold the babies, whether they be sleeping, or smiling, or crying at the top of their lungs. I remember she was holding cousin Zachary as baby, and he was wailing his wee head off. I assumed she would be uncomfortable?

"Grace, do you want me to take him for you?"

Shakes her head. "No, I'm OK."

I also remember seconds later Aunt Kristyn scooping up sad baby and promising when he was settled she could have another turn.

The is my Gracey. All the other kids will be playing, and she will be with the momma's either longingly watching the baby's, or in quiet corner holding and rocking a baby.

I foresee a fight on my hands when this wee family members joins us. I will have to fight just to hold that babe! But it is also reassuring to know, if my hands are busy preparing a meal, or helping with math or folding a load of laundry, another set of arms always wait to hold and luv this baby.

In the mean time, as tiny baby things fill the empty crib beside my bed, Grace is ever watching the bags of baby things that come into the house.

Her hands so loving touch and fold each item.




Which one is your favorite Momma?

I like this one because its so soft.


This one is so tiny Momma, will if really fit the baby?



I assure her it will.

As I am more certain each passing day of tiny movements inside me, my excitement grows. To catch this wee one, hold this wee one, nurse this wee one, and watch him/her grow. And as much as I'm excited for those things, I'm equally excited to see my other wee ones luv this new person.


In the mean time I feel so blessed to have someone to prepare with.

No comments: