Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Memories - July 18 2011

the beginging
The weekend started out good, with a funny feeling in my tummy. Liturally. I was hoping, fingers crossed, it was just excitement. For what you ask?

{Drum roll}

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Yes I'm one of them. One of those people who have been captivated by the books, and movies alike. I haven't ever stood in a midnight line, although would have luved too. I've bought all the books, usually the morning after they came out, and seen all the movies within the first week. Movie tickets were bought in advance,  for 10:30 Friday night. Kids to bed, I showered and dressed, and kissed hubby good bye as the excitement grew and the feeling in my tummy.

This was and end of era.

Kristyn and I met at a theater in between. We have see the last 3 together. We chattered with excitement, and giggled like school girls waiting for the movie to begin. At one point I mentioned I might get sick....we both laughed.

The movie was everything I had hoped it would be! I laughed and cried, and held my breath. I clapped and cheered with everyone in the theater! Its funny, I've read the books, and know how it ends, but I was still waiting to see what would happen. It was good, and I can't wait to see it again.


There was something else about it all. Painted toes nails (with the stickers!), hoop earrings, a touch of make up, and dressed in an outfit that made me feel good. I luved it!!

And as much as I luved being away, and being me, I luved coming home, to my family that makes me me.

the middle
And Saturday began way to early with a alarming voice beside my head "Momma, I threw up!" (it was still dark) Goran was up and taking care of it before I really knew what was happening. But when the sun rose, and we got up one by one, I realized my tummy had not been excited, as much as sick. Angelina and I both, all day Saturday. She snuggled in her bed, rising occasionally to see what was going on, but  retreating each time to her solitude. Me, I rested in quiet corners of the house, keeping one eye half propped open for signs of danger, and making sandwiches a few times to feed hungry tummies. I was thankful for nap time, and when Goran came home, and for bed time. I sighed going to bed that night, knowing tomorrow would be better.

the end (of the weekend)
The sickness was worth the Sunday we got. Although it was poor Gracie's turn,

she lay around the house like this, like Angelina and I did the day before
and because of it, I washed all their bedding and they got to go to bed in line dried sheets.
 we ended up having a great day. We got some important stuff done around the house,
out with the old .......
....and in with the new!
hubby spray painted the old numbers, so they look shinny and new!
 PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
 and someone's very 1st popsicle

and some great family time in our tiny 12ft 28inch deep pool.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket 
PhotobucketPhotobucket
she adores swimming! laughing, splashing and kicking
PhotobucketPhotobucket
 and what would a swim be without some milk?
pretty toes
and even Grace joined us, after seeing what fun we were having! (this is a post swim pic, taken by Goran)
So we really did get a bonus day. A good family day, where we pooled together, helped each other, and got lots done. Memories I am so happy to record, and will joyfully read over and over!

Not all Monday Memories will be like this I'm sure! Some days maybe just a picture with a few words, but a good way to start anyway!!
How was your weekend?



No comments: