Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Breastfeeding, Breech, and Snow

I've been waiting for it, and its happened. After I had Grace, Angelina would sit and breastfeed her baby dolls. I understood that she didn't remember breastfeeding and that's why it was after I had Grace, and she saw it, that she did it. It made me so proud! I would tell her, "Good girl, that's how we feed out babies, right?" And she would respond, "Yep!"
So I have been waiting for Grace thinking maybe she would do it sooner, because we are still a 'nursing couple'. Well the other night Goran and I went out together, and my parents came to watch the girls for us. When we came home, there was Gracey, all freshly bathed, in her PJ's, nursing her baby 'Belle". I almost cried. Mom said that a little while before, she saw her tugging and trying so hard to get her shirt up, to nurse her baby! The way I figure it, she likely missed me, and was missing the 'connection' of breastfeeding, so went ahead and nursed her baby. Again, it makes me proud that she 'breastfeeds' her babies. But also she understands the connection and still needs it from me. I luv her so much. I am so glad I decided to nurse through this pregnancy, and I am still able to enjoy this with her. An added benefit, they say siblings that nurse together, share a special bond!

Now our next topic.
Sylvia came today for home visit, and after we chatted, had tea, and baked good, we got down to business. Blood pressure, weight, I did the GBS swab, ect. Then she checks baby's positioning, and it appears baby is breech. All I have to say is YUCK! But I have had a few hours to think this out. I declined all interventions at this time. Why you may ask? Here is why,
  1. Baby could have 3 weeks to turn around yet
  2. So far baby has been head down every time, except this one time
  3. If we do an external version, and baby turns, but baby's cord gets trapped, and heart rated drops, I end up with a c-section.
  4. I have a very adequate pelvis, and I know, and my midwife knows I can do it!(thank you Sylvia for giving me the power to trust my body!)
  5. The % of baby's breech in labor is 3-4 %. So my chances are low.

So there you have it. In 3 weeks if baby is still playing silly, then I may rethink my decision. But right now, I want to enjoy my last few weeks, and trust my body. Its really hard. Everyone seems to get pretty worked up about this. What if this happens, or that, what if, what if, what if? And 99% of the time the what ifs never happen and baby turns, and comes out just fine. And many times a baby is this way for a reason, a tight cord, cord around the neck, ect. I remember now with Grace, it was hard to enjoy the pregnancy because of how she layed. The last month or so was filled with worry, and in the end she came out perfect. I bit strangely, but everything worked out just fine. Right now my plan is to think positive, and enjoy the last few weeks.To soon its over, and I will be wishing I was pregnant again:)

And the snow! November 8, the first day! Wow! I am so surprised! The kidz absolutely luved it! Really all they did was walk in it, and eat it, (another yuck)but they luved it none the less. Angelina kept saying things like,"Look, its on the trees!" and "Its covering the ground!" Boy, is she in for a surprise after our first good snow fall!

Well I'm off to the TV. Hope every ones week is going well, and I will post again soon!

No comments: