Friday, November 30, 2007

My Last Day of Work

So today is my last day of work for the next 3 months.At times it has been hard. I'm uncomfortable, and my patience has been low with the kidz on occasion. But now that I'm at Nov. 30th I am so glad they have been here! They have kept my mind busy, and kept my spirits up. They have given me a reason to get up daily and kept the day in a predictable routine. They accept me as I am each day. Whether I'm in a great mood, or I'm feeling a bit cranky. As this week comes to a close, my biggest question for myself is "What am I going to do next week?" LOL!!
Its really bitter sweet. I look forward to the time off, spending time with my 2 girls, and bonding with the new baby(when he/she comes). But on the other hand, these kids have helped me get through a tough week. My over due week. A week that would have been much harder without them. I am going to miss them. And as much as I look forward to my time off, I look forward to their return in March just as much.

And as for being over due...what can ya do? Crying doesn't help just confuses my children. "Why is Mommy crying?" Crabbing at Goran doesn't help, just makes us crabby at each other. And honestly he has been my rock. He has been supportive, and understanding. Giving me an extra hug when I need it, ordering supper out a few times these past few weeks, and offer to help out around the house. I don't want to be crabby with him. I tell him "Thank you Hunny," and hope he understands how much it all means to me. So I just remind myself, 'Baby knows best,' and I keep on going. The only thing I hate (and I mean hate) is the inducton questions from near strangers. I did not want to walk Angelina to school yesterday. I just KNEW that this one woman was going to get on my case. Just like I knew, she saw me and says, "Oh, you haven't had your baby? When is the doctor going to induce?" I'm smiling through clenched teeth. Boy I wanted to hit her.
"I'm not inducing," I replied.
Her eyes just about popped out of her head. "You can have very serious complications from leaving the baby in there to long. Did you know that?"
This is my 3rd baby. Does she think I am stupid?
"I am only 3 days over due at this point," I smiled at her. "And my midwife supports my decision 100% to wait at this time."
"Oh, right. I forgot, your doing all this at home," she sorta rolled her eyes and left.
My blood was boiling. Its only 3 day! This could be a miscalculation of dates! Baby's heart rate was good, baby responds to stimulation, and baby moves around like crazy.
Just wait...I'm not done my story. When I picked Angelina up, the same woman had the guts to inform all the other moms and dads that I was not 'very happy' about being over due.
Really what bothers me, is some uniformed person warning me about how dangerous it is to go over due. She doesn't know the complications of inductons are far far greater.
So that is it for now. I am working one last day, have a parade to go to tomorrow, and I am visiting Kristyn and Mark on Sunday. I do not plan to sit and wait all weekend. That would drive me nuts!
So ta ta for now, and I will keep you all posted!

No comments: