Monday, November 19, 2007

The Waiting Game

Sorry I am a bit late in posting. I really really thought I would have had this baby by now. Being 3cm last week, and 75% effaced...contractions coming and going. But Sylvia was sorta on call on the weekend, depending on when, so I think my body just stopped, knowing I wasn't guaranteed to have her at the birth. I did see Sylvia yesterday, and there was not much change from last week. My GBS swab came back and thankfully it was negative. She did do a stretch and sweep, and I was uncomfortably contracting for the evening, but again, things slowed down and stopped by bed time.
I am still working, the kids coming in each morning is a nice distraction. I am really glad I have them to look forward to. They keep me busy, and my mind going, so I am not upset about not having had this baby yet. The prospect of getting up with nothing to do is very bleak.

So I will sign off for now. I am feeling peaceful, and relaxed, and want to get as much rest as I can, as soon I know I will need my energy. :)

I will post again for sure next week if I haven't yet had the baby, but hopefully before that with a story of a great birth!

No comments: