Friday, July 31, 2009

Pay the Price

Today is the day. As much as I say I'm not connected, or this is not about me, it still involves me. People I care about. They are in my thoughts today. I wonder how they are, and what they are feeling. I wish I could do more.

I think of the person who this all revolves around. He will begin his 'new' life today. I know what awaits him. He heart cringes to think of it. My head swims with dread and disgust. I try with all my might to block it out, but the horrid thoughts and images creep in. But he's made his bed, now he has to lie in it, right?

I have always been so quick to judge others who have been in his situation. "Gets what they deserve!" But somehow, this is different. No not different, just 'connected'. Yes, as much as I and everyone else, hates it, he's done it, and now needs to pay the price.

No comments: