Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Grateful

Where do I start?

2 things make me grateful this morning.
  1. This is a hard week for family and friends. Those who know the details know why. Those who don't, I'm sorry, but it is something I am embarrassed and ashamed of, and don't want devolve into details. Although is doesn't involve me directly, people have a tendency to judge and draw conclusions. It hurts, and it is raw. For me, yes. It has changed my perception of the world and people. It has changed the way I function, think, who I trust, and how I live. For the people who are directly involved, it has turned their worlds upside down. They have accepted and adapted, and humbly allowed God to hold them through it. Because that is all they can do right now. Hold on. But each day they get up, smile, and do what the day demands of them. They are grateful and thankful for what they have and the good this year has offered them. They are not angry or bitter as I would be. These people are some on the most amazing people I know! I am grateful to have them in my life. They have forced me to question myself, my values, and therefore grow as a person. Sometimes this is hard. It has been for me.
  2. I stumbled across another blog awhile ago that I read when it's updated. ( http://stay-at-home-mayhem.blogspot.com/)I followed a link to another website today....a family who's small son, 5, is battling a brain tumor. I cried sitting in my chair staring at the screen, reading more and more details, and hurting more and more for this family. The pain they have endured for the last year, the decisions they have had to make, and may yet have to make...and yet this young mom, not to terribly unlike myself, is able to smile and find happiness.
So I am grateful for what I have today.
  1. For my family, strong and healthy
  2. Family and friends who I can call on
  3. For a husband who luvs me
  4. Children I adore
  5. A house that keeps me dry, that we own!
  6. The joy of working
  7. The freedom to work
  8. The option to work or not
  9. Parents who raised me strong
  10. My sons strong willness
  11. My youngest daughters independence
  12. My oldest daughters creativity
  13. My perdictable routine through out the day
  14. The food we eat
  15. My body, strong, that can turn that food into fuel and keep me healthy
  16. For the little friends that keep my children busy through out the day
  17. The ability to cook for my daycare and family
  18. For the outdoors that we will go and run and play in and burn off steam
  19. For the tears that teach lessons, and make joy sweeter
  20. For the wildest times that bring the quietest naps :)
  21. For meetings with support to look forward to
  22. For the husband that stays home with the wee ones and does the dishes
  23. For cool nights that let me cuddle up close to loved ones and sleep with a smile on my face
This is just a small start. I will keep a running list in my head. Because really, I have all things to be grateful for and nothing to complain about.

No comments: