Thursday, April 17, 2008

Getting Better

We've all been sick. Angelina and I had to be on medication. Angelina bounced back the same day the meds started. It was amazing and wonderful to see her feeling better so quickly. It was within hours of starting the meds. She turned the TV off herself, and started interacting with the world around her. She was the happy, trouble causing 4 year old we know. At the same time I was put on meds. I started to feel better, and Grace and Bryan got sick. 10 days later, still on meds, I came down with a fever again, the chills, and a tummy ace. I wanted to bring in Grace and Bryan, and thought I would have the doctor check me over, just in case. Grace and Bryan he said was viral, and didn't want to give them any thing. After looking me over, he tells me I am not over the original bacterial infection I had 10 days ago. What the other doctor had put me on was not strong enough. Well, that explained why I still felt so crummy! So he put me on some strong super drug, and a nasal spray. (I luv nasal sprays!!) Well 48 hours later I woke up feeling GOOD. "Wow. This is what healthy feels like." I thought to myself. Grace and Bryan's fever broke, and we all had a good sleep last night. Bryan is smiling again. They are both a bit cranky, but its coming. They're noses are slowly clearing up, and they are staying awake longer and smiling more. So we are getting better.
And spring has sprung! Angelina is finally on her 2 wheeler...after 2 summers of coaxing, and Grace is busy finding and watching bugs. Both girls are watch the tulips come up, and loving being able to grab a coat and play in the backyard. Bryan is soaking up the rays, and watching his sisters from the carrier or stroller. And me? I'm just happy to have my healthy children back. To see them run down the sidewalk laughing and giggling. To wake up and see the sun coming in the window. To smell the flowers, and the dirt. To smell the BBQ Goran is frying! Feel the sunshine, and the wind. I didn't realize how sick I was. I wasn't happy, I just didn't realize that was because I was so sick.
But what can I say now. Life is good. I couldn't ask for more.

No comments: