Monday, April 21, 2008

Poor Bryan

Saturday night Bryan was up crying, no, screaming for 2 hours. By Sunday morning I was 2 things. I was very tired and cranky, but I was also absolutely positive something was wrong with my baby. So back to the walk in clinic I went, again. (I had gone in again on Friday after going Tuesday.) The nurse came in and asked me what was wrong, and I started. "He cries alot!! He cried for 2 hours in middle of the night. He constantly has a low grade fever. I know babies, I have 2 girls, I know this isn't normal. He is miserable. I know something is wrong." The doctor confirmed that he had an ear infection, and likely some kind of nasal passage infection as well. I almost cried. I felt so bad. He's has a cold since March 31st. (I wrote it then in the blog.) He's been fighting this for quit awhile. He's been trying to tell me for quite awhile. Last week was awful. He was hungry and wanted to nurse, but every time he tried it would hurt his ear and he would come off after a few sucks and cry and cry. Oh I felt/feel so guilty!! I should have known. I should have been more insistent!!
But, on the happy side, he is happy today. He is really smiling, and wakes up happy. He has needed the soother 1/2 as much as last week, and he is happy to nurse again!! While he is nursing, he looks at me with thankful, happy eyes. I feel better. When he is sad, I can fix it again!!

No comments: