Friday, April 25, 2008

A bit of a Ruff Week

Well, I tell ya, this little guy's had his ups and down this week. Monday was lovely. Happy smiley guy again. Yeah! Tuesday was a bad one. Poor fellow woke up with a ragging diaper rash. What the heck?? Not a good day. More screamy fussy baby. Nothing was working on the rash. Then my co-worker suggested maybe a yeast from his antibiotics. That's makes sense. I put some good old Conenstin on it at bed time, and yeah, happy fellow in the morning. But by this time those antibiotics are reeking havoc in his digestive track. He's pooping 3-4 times a day, and very grumpy about it each time. Oh boy. I'm sure his tummy is crampy, and sore. Poor guy. I called telehealth, and they said there really isn't much you can do at his age. I started taking a pro-biotic again, so he's getting that through the breast milk, and I think his body is adjusting. He seems better today. We went to my local La Leche League meeting this morning and he was quit happy, flashing smiles around, and playing well.

Here's to hoping it gets better as the weekend goes on!
Here's the little man in a milk-drunken sleep!!

No comments: