Monday, March 31, 2008

Growing Up

Bryan weighed in at 12lb, 11 1/2 oz last week, and grew a whole inch and half, bringing him to 25 inches! He was happy, flashing smiles at the doctor, and wiggling all over the exam table. The doctor concluded that he was super, and told me to 'Keep breastfeeding'. Like he has to tell me that! LOL But he is doing good. He is grabbing for things, catching things, and mouthing EVERYTHING. Toys, fingers, clothes, blankets, anything that you put in front of him. He sleeps most nights, only to wake a few times for a little 'nip'. I often don't remember how many times, or which side he nursed on last when we get up. He has a yucky cold at the moment, so night times have been a bit ruff. But he's getting the best, so it should be over soon.
On other news, we had the flue run through the house. It started with Angelina, and then Goran and I had it few days later, on the same day. It was awful and retched, but I'm glad to say my breastfeeding babies didn't get it. YEAH! One up for breastfeeding.
Angelina has started her last session of preschool and continues to luv it. Everyday she asks when and how close the day is for her to go to preschool. And after speaking with her preschool teachers, they tell me she is wonderfully behaved, a joy to have in the class room. I don't know why she is so bossy with her friends here, or so defiant when I ask her to do something. There is alot going on, with day care, a new brother, and a long winter. She is often fighting for my attention, which I am sure is hard on her. But then it seems, when I have a few minutes I can give just to her, she doesn't want it. Go figure! 4 year olds.
Grace is growing and changing. Some times she seems so grown up, and other times, like when she crawls into my lap, and curls up like a baby asking for 'nursies' she seems so little. Sometimes she goes to bed sooo well, I can't believe it. She will take her 'sue sue', give a kiss and hug, and go by herself. Other times she cries, and yells at me, and nothing I can do can fix what ever is wrong. I don't know. I know she is finding it hard to share me as well. But she does have those few stolen moment with me during the day for nursies, which is really just time connecting. And when we go for walks (almost everyday now) she likes to walk all by herself. Off she'll go running to the hydro/cable boxes...which really is just a quick walk for me...but off she goes non the less. All these little steps to 'growing up'.
Well thats about all for now. Life just seems to being going so fast, and I just want to enjoy these years with my little ones :)

2 comments:

Kristyn Hiemstra said...

Hooray! Glad to hear that the doctor thinks Bryan is doing well, but we knew that all along, right? :)

"Keep Breastfeeding" is the best advice a doctor can give!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.