Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New Adventures

In August I was getting restless. Things at home needed a change. I was a bit desperate to see change, and feel better physically and emotionally.

I have a very good friend who's a bus driver.....and now our days begin and end with this.





It fills our days. The wee ones have made a handful of friends, that they look forward to seeing every single day. It is mutual, as the students look and ask for my kids if they aren't on. 

Its given me money. Money for the kids, money for special treats, money for house projects, money for gifts, and money for trips to Great Wolf Lodge! We all enjoy the benefits. 

It gives me a sense of self in a strange way. I will think about it more, as I'm not sure how to explain it, but its part of me right now. I luv the sunrise, I luv greeting the students, I luv meeting other drivers, and the office staff, I luv the drive. Thinking, focusing on the road, the cars the lights....getting lost in it. Simply lost. Removing all else from my mind, and driving this big yellow bus. Greeting kids with a smile, and wishing them a good night as the end of the day.

This gives me daily purpose. Every single day, people depend on me. 

I read a quote about ambition. I forget the exact quote, but it was along the lines that the cure to depression is ambition. I wish I could find it, I've looked everywhere with little luck. But the ambition to do more, help people, fill my already busy days with more, has given back to me, in ways I never dreamed. 

No comments: